RUN AROUND UK & IRELAND
Well known as the first and last village in Scotland, it is split over two levels, with homes and holiday cottages both atop the sea cliffs and beneath them.
Overlooking the majestic and historic King John's Castle perched on its Shannon river bank, Limerick is a city of many contrasts and has managed to successfully blend the modern with the historic.
Nestled between three hills and two beaches, Aberystwyth hosts some castle ruins, a pier and a harbour. The surrounding hills hold the visible remains of an iron age fort and offer stunning views of Cardigan Bay.
The steep chalk cliffs of Dover, for centuries a proud symbol of the "splendid isolation" of England and also the first sign of home visible from afar for returning sailors, are crowned to the east by the mighty castle.
Janine King - WA, Australia
No drama llamas
|379 days||24 Sep 2023|
Marcelle Herrick - VIC, Australia
Diamond Creek Runners
|710 days||20 Sep 2023|
David Davis - South Australia, Australia
||993 days||15 Sep 2023|
Margaret Edwards - Waihi, New Zealand
||659 days||15 Sep 2023|
Heather Dempsey - Victoria, Australia
||1116 days||13 Sep 2023|
Val Wilson - Waikato, New Zealand
Hamilton Roadrunners Inc
|544 days||10 Sep 2023|
Karen Williams - Qld, Australia
Running Mums Australia
|309 days||10 Sep 2023|
Cindy Bushell - NSW, Australia
Together We Can
|248 days||29 Aug 2023|
David Campbell - Tasmania , Australia
||223 days||25 Aug 2023|
Charlene Morris - NSW, Australia
Together We Can
|377 days||12 Aug 2023|
|From||To||Distance KM||Cumulative KMs|
|Cairnryan||Belfast Ferry arrival||0||1470|
|Belfast Ferry arrival||Londonderry||139||1609|
|Belfast||Cairnryan Ferry arrival||0||2616|
|Cairnryan Ferry arrival||Carlisle||180||2796|
|Brighton||FINISH - Dover||138||3890|
Did you know
- The sports soccer, rugby, golf, boxing, and cricket were all invented in the United Kingdom.
- The passage tomb cemeteries in Carrowmore, Ireland, are the largest group of megalithic tombs (30 of them) in Ireland or Britain.
- Stonehenge was built approximately 3,000 years ago and is even older than the Great Pyramids of Egypt.
- The longest town name in The UK and Ireland is Lanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogo, in Wales.
- Ireland is a snake-free island. Due to its isolation from the European mainland, Ireland lacks several species common elsewhere in Europe.