RUN AROUND UK & IRELAND
Originally part of our Run around Europe Map, Run UK & Ireland was split in mid 2019. No, it wasn’t part of Brexit, it was to make the Run the world journey more available to everyone. Our smallest map at 3,890kms, the challenge is on to finish this map the quickest. Covering England, Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, one must pass through 31 towns and cities to arrive at the finish line in Dover.
Well known as the first and last village in Scotland, it is split over two levels, with homes and holiday cottages both atop the sea cliffs and beneath them.
Overlooking the majestic and historic King John's Castle perched on its Shannon river bank, Limerick is a city of many contrasts and has managed to successfully blend the modern with the historic.
Nestled between three hills and two beaches, Aberystwyth hosts some castle ruins, a pier and a harbour. The surrounding hills hold the visible remains of an iron age fort and offer stunning views of Cardigan Bay.
The steep chalk cliffs of Dover, for centuries a proud symbol of the "splendid isolation" of England and also the first sign of home visible from afar for returning sailors, are crowned to the east by the mighty castle.
John Davenport - Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
||348 days||07 May 2022|
Naomi Christensen - QLD, Australia
||388 days||30 Apr 2022|
Mark Wong - California, United States
||615 days||06 Apr 2022|
Mandi Griffiths - SA, Australia
NRG (Northern Running Group)
|536 days||06 Apr 2022|
Ron Vines - QLD, Australia
Brisbane Road Runners Club
|344 days||01 Apr 2022|
Sam Post - ACT, Australia
||814 days||30 Mar 2022|
Steven Teepa - Queensland, Australia
Trail to Triumph
|360 days||23 Mar 2022|
Erich Brinskelle - Vienna , Austria
|1350 days||13 Mar 2022|
Conor Rafferty - Lancashire , United Kingdom
||715 days||27 Feb 2022|
Symone Mercer - QLD, Australia
Gladstone Road Runners
|307 days||20 Feb 2022|
|From||To||Distance KM||Cumulative KMs|
|Cairnryan||Belfast Ferry arrival||0||1470|
|Belfast Ferry arrival||Londonderry||139||1609|
|Belfast||Cairnryan Ferry arrival||0||2616|
|Cairnryan Ferry arrival||Carlisle||180||2796|
|Brighton||FINISH - Dover||138||3890|
Did you know
- The sports soccer, rugby, golf, boxing, and cricket were all invented in the United Kingdom.
- The passage tomb cemeteries in Carrowmore, Ireland, are the largest group of megalithic tombs (30 of them) in Ireland or Britain.
- Stonehenge was built approximately 3,000 years ago and is even older than the Great Pyramids of Egypt.
- The longest town name in The UK and Ireland is Lanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogo, in Wales.
- Ireland is a snake-free island. Due to its isolation from the European mainland, Ireland lacks several species common elsewhere in Europe.