RUN AROUND UK & IRELAND
Well known as the first and last village in Scotland, it is split over two levels, with homes and holiday cottages both atop the sea cliffs and beneath them.
Overlooking the majestic and historic King John's Castle perched on its Shannon river bank, Limerick is a city of many contrasts and has managed to successfully blend the modern with the historic.
Nestled between three hills and two beaches, Aberystwyth hosts some castle ruins, a pier and a harbour. The surrounding hills hold the visible remains of an iron age fort and offer stunning views of Cardigan Bay.
The steep chalk cliffs of Dover, for centuries a proud symbol of the "splendid isolation" of England and also the first sign of home visible from afar for returning sailors, are crowned to the east by the mighty castle.
Christine Taylor - Northland, New Zealand
||437 days||30 Jan 2023|
Justin Overton - QLD, Australia
|503 days||28 Jan 2023|
Paul Rodgers - NSW, Australia
|559 days||14 Jan 2023|
Cary Bernard - W Yorks, United Kingdom
||724 days||26 Dec 2022|
Trish Hoare - WA, Australia
||359 days||26 Dec 2022|
Audrey Boswell - Queensland, Australia
Running Chicks & Roosters
|383 days||17 Dec 2022|
Rasa Pes - NSW, Australia
|382 days||16 Dec 2022|
Tracey Anderson - Queensland, Australia
||739 days||08 Dec 2022|
Caitlin Castellan - Vic, Australia
Wonthaggi Road Runners
|709 days||07 Dec 2022|
Sandi Faddy - QLD, Australia
Brissie Running Women
|232 days||04 Dec 2022|
|From||To||Distance KM||Cumulative KMs|
|Cairnryan||Belfast Ferry arrival||0||1470|
|Belfast Ferry arrival||Londonderry||139||1609|
|Belfast||Cairnryan Ferry arrival||0||2616|
|Cairnryan Ferry arrival||Carlisle||180||2796|
|Brighton||FINISH - Dover||138||3890|
Did you know
- The sports soccer, rugby, golf, boxing, and cricket were all invented in the United Kingdom.
- The passage tomb cemeteries in Carrowmore, Ireland, are the largest group of megalithic tombs (30 of them) in Ireland or Britain.
- Stonehenge was built approximately 3,000 years ago and is even older than the Great Pyramids of Egypt.
- The longest town name in The UK and Ireland is Lanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogo, in Wales.
- Ireland is a snake-free island. Due to its isolation from the European mainland, Ireland lacks several species common elsewhere in Europe.